Your blog is so wonderful…keep writing 🙂
And with those heartwarming words, the lovely and talented Ameena’s Musings nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you so much Amina! You made my month and it has barely started!
Encouragement and recognition from peers carries a special meaning. Someone out there with similar blogging goals and aspirations took the time to read your blog and prepare the nomination (which is no easy piece of work as I am learning.)
Liebster Award Acceptance Rules:
- Thank your nominator.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you.
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees.
- Notify them.
Ameena’s Liebster Award Questions
1. How did you decide on your blog name?
Winnipeg Arts, Hearts and Smarts is a summary of the content I want to share. As an added bonus, it generates the base for a catchy acronym – WAHS’up?
2. Why did you decide to blog?
Closely related to #1, I have written a monthly column for a community newspaper on a freelance basis for four years. I am editorially restricted to my own neighbourhood.
We have no school, no community centre, and no residents’ association. In researching and pitching stories, I have come across some amazing people that I am unable to feature. My blog is a vehicle to bring a little profile to positive contributions flying under the radar.
3. What is the goal for for blog in 2016?
To achieve 100 followers. Shooting for the moon, I would love to have one of my blog stories picked up by mainstream media.
4. What is your favourite blog to read (besides your own)?
Currently, I am loving The Road to There by Amanda. I find her conversational tone so very engaging. I am trying to bring that quality into my own blog so that my stories are less editorial.
5. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Ha-ha! I don’t! I am struggling right now to balance maintaining accounts on a variety of social media platforms, plus freelance work, plus a full-time job. Blogging 101 was a great experience, but I know I can’t keep up with daily, or even weekly, posts. I accept this will take me away from achieving my blogging goals. It’s a matter of platform priority.
6. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
For now it is a hobby. I would like to blog on a freelance basis, or find a marketing communications role where blogging is a job function.
7. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
Again, I come back to The Road to There by Amanda.Ameena’s Musings of course. Other bloggers include The Lonely Tribalist and Sableyes.
8. What is your best piece of advice to anyone considering blogging?
Wow, that is a loaded question for me. If you are looking for an all-consuming hobby and enjoy writing, I highly encourage it. If you know you won’t be able to blog daily, I would say invest the time up-front to plan your blog post ideas to establish an editorial schedule.
And for sure take advantage of awesome, free resources like Blogging U and The Bloggers Meetup. (We love a good deal in Winnipeg and free is as good as it gets.)
9. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
In addition to my answer for #6, I hope my blog will help me meet more wonderful people online and in-person.
10. What is your most prized possession?
That’s an easy question. My wedding ring. For all that it symbolizes and because after nearly 15 years, it is a beautiful, timeless piece of jewellery that still gets compliments.
Questions for Nominees
- For you, does blogging replace or enhance journalling?
- What is your must-have while blogging? Glass of wine? Snackage? Helpful cats sitting on your keyboard? Music? All of the above?
- Have you ever attended a blogger’s meet-up in person? What was it like?
- Do you always blog in the same physical location?
- What is your most creative time of day/night for blogging?
- Are you active on any other social media platforms?
- Do you have plans for monetizing your blog?
- What is your all-time favourite post and why?
- Name one person who isn’t blogging that you wish had a blog
- What is your reaction to the nomination?